Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Branches and such




A fews weeks ago I noticed that the Blumen store were selling branches, just bare branches. I thought about it a while and then remembered my good friend Claudia "forcing" branches at Easter. So I bought two bunches and brought them home. I pounded on the ends to open them up so they could drink lots of water ( also good for Stress reduction). I put them in a big water pitcher filled with warm water and set them on the table. For the first few weeks it looked like I had branches in the middle of my table. This week the buds started to green up. I was excited! I thought I would have brnaches cover in leaves, but it turns out I will have branches covered in FLOWERS!! The branches are, I think, Apple!
I am just starting Christmas cookies, only making two kinds. Snickerdoodles and Double chocolate.

No comments: